Friday, April 25, 2008

Shark Attack

It's been a buzz this morning. I got to work late today after going to the padres game last night to people talking about a shark attack. Dear Lord! The I read the article and it said the attack happened to a GROUP OF SWIMMERS FROM A LOCAL TRIATHLON CLUB! Of course I've been training for the upcoming 10K B2B Swim and have started doing the occasional Friday club swims, but luckily skipped out this week as I went to a Padres game last night.



It's good to be alive. I guess it's good to get shaken up a bit from time to time, but what a whirlwind. I've been going back and forth between adrenaline and sadness as the story unfolded, and I can only take small solace in that it wasn't someone I was close with who died this day. It is still a tragedy however, and my thoughts and concern are with the family and friends of David Martin, who passed away this morning in one of only 1 or 2 shark related deaths in San Diego in the last 50 years.


Here's a link to the latest news coverage. The beaches from Solana Beach to Encinitas have been closed, and I admit I'm kinda happy we canceled our Sunday swim this week.

No comments: